Buying a property is the great Australian dream—and often the biggest financial investment we make in our lives. Here’s why home buyers should always enlist the help of a property lawyer.
- While property is often touted as a safe investment, big transactions also bring big risks. Choosing an inexperienced property lawyer (or conveyancer) could lead to you buying a property with issues you don’t know about that could cost you dearly.
- A poorly organised conveyancer can miss key information—or worse, misplace your documents and prevent the sale from going through to finalisation.
- Buying and selling a home can be complex and stressful. You have plenty of other things to take care of at the same time, like moving house or getting all your finances sorted. You need a skilled advisor to confidently and competently guide you through the sale process.
- Every sale is different and comes with its own set of issues that need to be carefully thought through. Big commercial investments are markedly different to buying your first home. Property Law specialists have experience in a broad range of property transactions. It’s always a good idea to find out if the person you’re engaging has worked on a similar matter before.
- Time is of the essence. Property transactions run to fixed schedules. You want a professional who will work efficiently, who is easy to contact and is quick to respond.
A good property lawyer can help to reduce the risk of your purchase by identifying and anticipating problems in good time, and ensuring your sale goes through to finalisation.
With a good lawyer on your side, you can be more confident in your purchase and in your investment.
If you have any questions about Property Law, we can help. Contact our Property Team today on (02) 4926 6000.